The course on the manufacture and adaptation of ocular prostheses consists of two blocks:
- Online theoretical course. It is a theoretical course with 9 modules in which the whole process of the manufacture and adaptation of an ocular prosthesis is explained in depth, including legal terms, facilities, tooling and material needed to begin in the ocular prosthetic world. The program of the course can be found on the Topics section. Each module contains the necessary material in pdf for proper understanding. At the end of each module there is a small test that must pass 80% of the questions correctly to move to the next module. The price of the theoretical course is 800.00€.
- Practical course at the workshop. In this presential course you will be able to elaborate, manufacture and adapt a prosthesis of physical form to measure. The sessions will be planned beforehand according to availability and capacity of the workshop.
IMPORTANT: Both blocks (online and face-to-face course) are independent of each other, although the online course must be completed in order to access the face-to-face course.
How to sign up for the theoretical online course?
The way to sign up for our platform is very simple. You can register quickly by clicking on the link at the top of the menu Access the course.
Create an account
If this is the first time you log in, you will have to click on the button Create new account and enter your data. Once you have filled in the questionnaire, you must click on Create account, and if everything has been entered correctly, you will receive an email confirming your entry to the course, which you will have to validate.
Sign up for the course
From here, you will be able to take the steps to register for the course using the top button Access the course by entering your name and chosen password. The next step will be to register for the course by clicking on Ocular Prostheses Course, and once inside, by making the payment (price of the theoretical online course: 800.00€) by clicking on Send payment by Paypal.
Access the course
Once the payment has been made, you will have access to the course indefinitely.
How to sign up for the face-to-face workshop course?
In order to sign up for the face-to-face workshop course, it is necessary to have passed the first on-line theoretical course. Only in that case, the way to register will be that the student contacts us through:
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Telephone: (+34) 93 332 16 52, (+34) 606 779 518
- Contact form.
From here, we will review your request and reserve for you the hours of the face-to-face course at the workshop. Our workshop is located at Carrer Vilardell, 9, 08014 Barcelona.
Students will be able to choose between two types of courses:
- A 1-week course in which prostheses and their painting and adaptation techniques are made. 3,800.00€
- A special 2-week course in which different types of prostheses and new 3D iris painting techniques are developed with final adaptations to the patients. And it has a cost of 5,800.00€