Who I am…
My name is Francisco Llapart: Ocularist – Dr. Pharmacy – Dr. Optometry (UB-ICLondon), Superior Orthopedic Technician (UB). I was born in 1963 in the United Kingdom. From then on my world was surrounded by ocular prostheses, contact lenses and similar from the hand of a great pioneer in the subject, my father.
Since 1987 I have dedicated myself to perfecting the technique of manufacturing and adapting all types of ocular prostheses. In that time of learning and profession I have been aware that “coffee for all” does not work. The prosthesis, like DNA, is personal and must be made and adapted to the patient.
The reason for this way of working is simple to explain: behind the loss of an eye there is an important emotional factor. The reason for this way of working is simple to explain: behind the loss of an eye there is an important emotional component. I believe that as professionals in the field it is our obligation to strive to make the prostheses worn by our patients as natural as possible, as my father used to say “let them do everything but see!”.
The constant gratitude of each patient to see change is the real engine that drives me forward. We don’t just create prostheses, we also create smiles.
Throughout my life I have also done other things, I leave here a small summary:
- Graduate in Pharmacy from the University of Barcelona
- Graduate in Optics and Optometry from the University of Granada
- Orthopaedic Technician Diploma from the University of Barcelona
- Master in quality control and biotechnology with Dr Cass and Dr Ganju at Imperial College (London)
- Professor of contactology at the University of Barcelona
- Auditor ISO certified medical products by Dr Muller-Lierheim GmbH
- Technical director and holder of Llapart prosthetic cabinets (Barcelona and Bilbao)
- Head of Pharmacy in Barcelona
- OOD Holder and Ocularist for cabinets for the adaptation and manufacture of ocular prostheses FM0239CAT
- External auditor in ISO standards for medical products